The Challenges this App Solves:
- When a Chatter user makes a post in the form of a question, responses/answers in the Comments aren’t archived for re-use. Similar questions could be posted within Chatter, and the institutional knowledge isn’t preserved.
- With Salesforce pushing for continued use of Chatter within a company, it is currently hard to take advantage of existing information that could already be archived in a variety of other Salesforce objects like: Solutions, Answers, Articles.
The Solution: Chatter Recall
- Chatter Recall will evaluate any question posted in Chatter and try to search Answers, Solutions, Articles for an existing response. The app will auto-comment to the post when it finds an appropriate response. You decide which combination of the objects you want the app to search.
- Information captured for the first time in Chatter comments can then be marked for archiving in other objects via the use of hashtags (like #answered).
This is great since any work done to capture historical info in other objects can be leveraged within the context of Chatter.
- I only did a preliminary test in my DE org, which contained a small amount of existing Answers, Solutions, and Articles. There were times when auto-comments contained answers that did not seem like a match to my question.
- So, it’s not perfect, and as an admin or Knowledge Manager you should be prepared to still pay attention to these incorrect auto-comments and appropriately cull them.
- It’s best to pilot this in a small group to see how well your existing knowledge maps to questions asked.
Check out the demo on Youtube: